This degree is designed for students wishing to become IT practitioners in a business environment. It is a practical degree covering both technical and theoretical issues relating to the development, management and maintenance of information systems and applications.
As part of the degree students will gain experience of project management of IT development, appreciate security issues in IT, understand management and planning of IT within an organisation, and develop skills in software and database development. Course content includes understanding of business organisations, structures and business functions and how IT is used in such environments, learning how to design and build IT systems including database design and software development techniques, and understanding the legal and social impact of using IT.
Students studying for this degree will learn how to put personal and professional skills and ideas into practice, working both individually and in teams, in preparation for careers in industry and commerce.
- Communication Systems (15 credits)
- Computer Systems and Internet Technologies (15 credits)
- Computer Programming (30 credits)
- Business Systems Analysis (30 credits)
- Database Techniques (30 credits)
- Information Systems Development Project (30 credits)
- Computer and Network Systems (30 credits)
- Web Database Applications (30 credits)
- Professionalism in the IT Industry (15 credits)
- Principles of Security (15 credits)
- An Individual Project on a topic chosen by the student (30 credits)
- Information Requirements Analysis (15 credits)
- IS Development Frameworks and Methods (15 credits)
- Enterprise Web Software Development(15 credits)
- Information and Content Management (15 credits)
- One or two options from: Database Engineering (15), Information Technology Planning (15), Human Computer Interaction (15), E-Commerce (15), Information Systems Management (15), Interaction Design (15), E-Business Strategy (15), Database Management and Administration (15), Computing Education and Communication (30), Industry Work Practice (30) (30 credits)
- International Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies
- The program takes 1 year
Or use our contacts details below:
Magadi Road, next to Ongata Rongai
Nairobi, Kenya | Tel: 254 20 2071391/2/3 Fax: +254 20 2071247