The graduants will be all Diploma and BBIT students who cleared between 2008 and early 2012.
1. Graduation ceremony.
The 1st Graduation ceremony for Multimedia University of Kenya will be held on Friday, 31August 2012 (note change of the date from 7th September 2012) at 9.00 a.m. You must be on campus and ready for the ceremony by 8.30 a.m. Graduants who come late will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
2. Graduation fee
Graduation fee of Ksh 3,400, alumni fee of Ksh 100 and Ksh 500 as the cost for hiring the academic gown.
The deadline for paying the graduation fee is 10th August 2012.
NOTE: Caution money for those students who had not collected shall be refunded upon clearing with the Finance Officer"
3. Requirement for Graduation
Be sure that you have completed the required course units for your program.
4. Caution Money
Kindly note that caution money will be only refunded upon clearing with Finance Department after graduation.
Graduating students will be expected to make arrangements for their accommodation the night before and after graduation as the University will not offer any.
6. Verification of Names
Kindly confirm that your name is on the list of graduants and any one who qualifies to appear on the list and whose name is omitted should notify the office of the Registrar Academics affairs on or before 24th August 2012.
7. Academic Dress
Graduants will be expected to wear the academic dress, which will be available from the Registrarâ€™s office from 13th August to 24th August, 2012, 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. The dress will be returned to the same office during working hours (on weekdays) from 10th to 14th September after which a penalty of Ksh 200 per day will be charged. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD the form for gown hiring
There will be a rehearsal on Thursday, 30th August 2012 at 10.00am. Please note that rehearsal is a requirement; you should therefore make effort to attend and wear your academic dress.
9. Invitation Cards
Each graduate will receive 2 graduation cards to invite family and friends. These shall be issued together with the academic gown.
10. During Graduation
Your parents, family and friends will be permitted to stand near their seats while you receive your degree. Please ask them to remain standing at their seats and not to move towards the platform. All should be seated by 9.00 a.m.
Please observe time to ensure smooth running of the occasion.
PAYMENT MODE FOR THE GRADUATION CEREMONY
- Graduation Fees should be paid in full on or before 10th August 212.
- Fee is subject to VAT where applicable.
- All payment should be in BANKERS CHEQUE drawn in favor of Multimedia University College of Kenya.
- Any payment in cash should be deposited into MMU Account No. 110-451-3447 Kenya Commercial Bank, Ongata Rongai Branch or any of its branches.
- Electronic transfer to the accounts given above may be used by customers sending money from foreign countries. The transfer codes are obtainable from the bank e.g. for Kenya Commercial bank the code is SWIFT CODE KCBKENX.
- Deposit slips should be completed in duplicate the top copy is kept by the bank: the second copy should be given to the College cashier who will issue a receipt for it (the slip should reflect the student name and Reg. /Adm. /App. no, course no.)
- Slips without these details will not be honored.
- Cash, Personal cheques and Postal Orders are not acceptable.